Belinda Lindhardt

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Danish houses


I have been having a "new year" spring clean of my house and my computer of late, sorting out all my photos and files and getting rid of things that are just taking up space.


In my ventures i came across this painting. It has great sentimental value to me for a couple of reasons. One that it was my grandmothers and i think that she actually painted it (though i am not sure) but i can always remember it being in our house. It reminds me of Denmark which is where both my parents come from and i remember seeing all the beautiful thatched roof houses on a few holiday we have had there. i plan to do a series with this subject one day, its something that always gives me much peace and makes things feel like home.

1 comment:

Making A Mark said...

How wonderful to have a painting like that.