Belinda Lindhardt

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Artplan for 2007

In 2006, I didnt really have much of an artplan, i was pregnant with my second child and my motivation during that pregnancy wasnt great. Once bubs was born in march my primary concern was enjoying him so needless to say all art took the backseat. I did manage to complete a few pieces tho, so in hindsight i would say that my plan was to MAKE time to do my art whenever possible to get back into the swing of things. This i did achieve so a big pat on the back for me!

In 2007, while raising two young boys my plan is much the same as 2006 in that i need to MAKE some time for art. While I do feel that they will be young for such a short period of time and i wish to enjoy them as much as possible, any parent will agree that there are times when you need to have your own space and some downtime from the kids as often a necessary. so again my goal for 2007 is to MAKE sure i get some art time in every 3-4 days.

In keeping with that my plan is to DO, first and foremost. I spend too much time reading forums, and emails and thinking about what i can do rather than doing it. I have heaps of reference photso to go from so i must just get in there and do it! And try not to worry about making mistakes or producing a "finished" work.

Developing my style is also an important factor i need to keep my eye on keeping my work simplier, trying not to keep everything so "smooth" all the time in the case of CP. Maybe to work larger where possible in order to not get so close.

I need to do a bit more selling. I have the perfect opportunity to display work for a busy horse week in Scone in April/ May. The beginning of this year i need to complete a few works for display. There is also a artshow/competition during this time so one of my goals is to enter something in that if at a minimum it is only my "horses" pic from 2006.

All in all i am hoping 2007 is the stepping stone for works for 2008. I am being realistic with my time this year i will have a 3yearold and a 1 year old. If i can set myself up for more work next year this is my underling plan. I am excited about it lets hope 2007 is a good one.

No comments: