Belinda Lindhardt

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Figure Sketches

Today i went to my first figure drawing class/workshop. It was fantastic the time went really fast the model was great i had such a great day. The teacher was good, one of the things she kept drumming into us was to "keep drawing" drawing all the time just keep practicing.

I really struggled with my proportions, i purposely didn't do any pencil and stuck to my thick dark lines :) and juggled between many different mediums for different poses. The fine lines of the pen just werent working today .. the big fat willow charcoal was the best.

With my proportions i seem to have issues with legs and getting the proportions right on those.. on almost all of the the top half was working but the hips and bottom half just wasnt happening so i must get some practice in on that.

All in all it was great, she is hoping to do more weekend classes its something i really must continue on with it was great!










3 comments:

Daniel Sanger said...

these are great Belinda:) I love the one leaning forward:) Great style.

Belinda Lindhardt said...

Thanks Daniel that is actually my favorite too :)tho it doesn't come up so good in this pic:)

Rose Welty said...

Belinda, I'm jealous! Good for you taking the time to go and do it - I'm sure it wasn't easy with your other responsibilities.