This year is finally coming to an end, i gotta tell you I am really looking forward to a fresh new start for next year! Bring it on!
I have already re-organised and de-cluttered the office, taken down old bits of paper etc on my cork board, I am dying to get onto all those Christmas decorations and get them down and I have sat down worked out some goals for 2008. Woot!
But before I move onto those I am taking inspiration from the ArtBizBlog and acknowledging just what I did achieve this year in 2007.
Ok, I admit it, I was pretty lazy in my goal for 2007, it was pretty much just to make art a regular part of my life and one specific goal was to make my artwork "simpler" i.e. not as cumbersome and detailed. These broad goals I did achieve (yay to me) and here are some other accomplishments I completed during the year.
- Progressed to using different mediums and techniques (moved to oils for painting and neocolours for cp artworks making the whole process quicker)
- Progressed to honing in on my own "style" probably this was already established with my CP works but for my paintings I think now I am grounding my style and techniques
- Got myself "out there" I entered my first exhibition and exhibited at markets. I printed off multiple greeting cards which I sold. I also was featured in FMP - ann Kullberg's magazine for CP artists for my "Pear" artwork. Contacted other magazines for articles which I am working on now hopefully to feature in the new year.
- Took every opportunity to go to art galleries and exhibitions where it fitted in with other commitments, talked to other artists and spent some time there.
- Took an ALL day life drawing workshop, which i loved
- Sketched (not as much as I would have liked but more often than I did previously)
- Got my website up and running
- Regularly posted on my blog
- Committed to (yes actually paid money) to be on an artists' directory. http://www.artsconnect.com.au
- Created with some other artists friends the Fine Art Friends which is private blog of artists who are there to support each other in their art.
As for my goals for next year, they will come tomorrow! :)