Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Ok here is my confession, I started this one back in march, i wanted to try something new and was going to display it when i had a bit of success with it. BUT, that didnt work out and i was upset with it so i put it back into the cupboard never to be seen again.
So, it started off as a coloured pencil peice on some of my Colour Fix MDF board but i found as i went that some areas just werent taking the pencil very well i was also using solvent and i think it took some of the surface away. So i tried patching it and that didnt seem to work so i basically decided that i couldnt save it and was perhaps going to try it again on paper.
.BUT.. here we are..my brain had a lightbulb moment and i figured seeing as i had it all mapped out on the board so why not just paint over it !!! all the drawing part is done .. it would make quite a nice little painting.....
so here it is so far.. the blue "shell" is coloured pencil .. and there are fragments of coloured pencil underpainting for the sleeves etc.. but the background and the dog are acrylic and i have started on the face. I am going to continue with the acrylic all over ... its been a really good process as i am painting in values and thinking about the process as i do with CP but doing it with paint ... its great.
and i feel better about myself as i am "recycling" materials i think i am learning to relax about technique and just get the piece finished .... i have lots non art stuff going on atm ... but hope to post more on this soon.