Belinda Lindhardt

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Family Art Stories

Today i wanted to highlight a new blog, its really good idea. I have to admit i was a little skeptical of it (i dont know why) but once i started reading it i was stuck there for a little while - be warned :).

The blog is about the stories behind art, in particular family stories behind art. Part of the purpose of the blog is to encourage people who wouldn't normally look / buy art to become interested in it via the stories behind it. (I hope that explains it correctly). I found myself actually telling one of the stories (the one about painting the portrait of the derelict) to my family on the weekend when we were talking about art it stuck with me that much.

It's well worth the look and a read if you have a bit of time. I love history and art i would love to have this kind of thing in my family. It makes me think more about the art that i am creating and the stories behind it which is something I have been thinking about for a while.

Anywho, take a look - http://familyartstoriesrubbo.wordpress.com/

No comments: